Thursday, June 28, 2012

Orlando Magic draft night.

So as many of you know the NBA Draft was Thursday. As some of you know I'm an Orlando Magic fan. So how did they do Thursday Night?

1st round 19th Pick-Andrew Nicholson
I don't really know anything about this guy. From what I was able to look up he's a very efficient forward/big man. He's 6'9 so he's a PF/Undersized center. If the Magic use him right he could be a nice guy coming off the bench and maybe even a starter. That's all I can really tell. If the Magic re-sign Ryan Anderson I don't see Nicholson starting any time soon.

2nd Round 49th pick-Kyle O' Quinn
The first thing I said about this guy was "HE'S 6'10!" Kind of a silly reaction till you remember that since Orlando traded away Marcin Gortat they've been playing undersized centers behind Dwight. This usually ended up with being out rebounded and being beaten in the paint. I'm hoping Kyle can help on defense on the inside. I asked DDL Host Zach Harper about him. "Pretty solid big man. PF/C type guy. Can rebound the ball, block shots, has a good offensive assortment. But he is kind of a bad decision-maker. Doesn't handle double teams well." Sounds like he could use some work but I like this pick for a 2nd round guy.

What did you guys think about the draft? Did your team make you happy? (Cavs fans I doubt you're happy.) Oh and I saw the Maloofs managed to continue proving they're broke by trading the 2nd round pick for cash. Way to go Maloofs. For me, it was meh. Not as exciting as I was hoping but still had fun. See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment