Sunday, August 5, 2012

I know this isn't basketball related...

This has nothing to do with basketball. If you don't want to read it that's fine I don't expect you to. But it's the offseason and I felt like this would be cool to write about. I really wanted to get my thoughts on this somewhere out there.

Space
 I've always lived 20 minutes away from NASA my entire life. So I'm used to space and it's many mysteries. Of course that doesn't make it any less cool. I'm used to watching shuttles exit the atmosphere. These shuttles performed amazing feats that had me in awe. My entire house would shake. I would walk out my front door and the shuttle is already gone. Amazingly fast. A fireball going through the sky. This is during the day of course. A night launch can only be described as the sun rising early. A shuttle launched at night lights up the whole sky. It's an experience that at one point I used to tell everyone they had to see once in their life. This unfortunately can not be anymore as former President Bush started during his term and President Obama finished during his the shutting down of the Shuttle Program. This made me angry. People in the area were laid off. I was wondering if I would ever get to watch something enter space ever again. I know we've landed a rover on mars before but I feel this is the first step to something more. Something big. I know I'm going to watch something light up the night sky as it enters space but this time it will be heading to Mars.

No comments:

Post a Comment